Monday, May 18, 2009

Why I started a blog




The Inspiration

I was driving home the other day after a wonderful Mother's Day tea with my three children. Every one was hot, sweaty or in Jaycee Kate's words, when it's hot outside my head gets wet. Jackson 9 months and Jolie 23 months were needing a nap in the worst way. As I drove Jackson began to doze off. Once he was asleep Jolie reached over, their car seats are side by side, and held his hand. It was so precious! She held his hand until she finally went to sleep as well. They held hands and napped the rest of the way home. It was so sweet to see the sibling love when most of the time your breaking up fights. Jolie was very loving and affectionate to Jackson the first few months after he was born, but lately she has been none to thrilled at having a younger brother who is now mobile. She used to hold his hand in the car all the time when he was a few weeks old especially if he was upset. It was one of the sweetest things to see two people you love, love on each other.

I decided to make a blog page after this incident. I wanted to be able to remember, write down, and share all the wonderful little things that happen in your children's life that too often get forgotten and overlooked. I hope to make share and preserve our precious memories.

3 comments:

  1. Soo sweet! I think I'm gonna cry! Go check out http://www.thecutestblogontheblock.com/ to see if there's any cute layouts you like. They're free! I have one on mine. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is cute if I've ever seen it. I will try to keep up with your blog. I have been meaning to start another blog myself. Here is my work one that I'm forced to do...http://bigcountryhomepage.com/content/news/blog/megs_mantras

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay I'm so excited to be able to check in on y'alls fam from the other side of the world!!!

    ReplyDelete